Scholarship Sponsored by Valley County Community Foundation
Clarence and Charlotte Fuhrman Memorial Scholarship Fund Requirements:
1. Applicant must have attended a Valley County High School consecutively for three years and received their diploma from a Valley County High School. OR applicant may present a Home School Certificate or GED while residing in Valley County for a period of three years leading up to receiving these academic achievements.
2. Applicant must have completed at least one year of study at an institution of secondary education (university, institution of specialized study, trade school, etc.).
3. Applicant must be, or have been, involved in community through church, 4-H, Key Club, Scouts, or a volunteer at hospital, nursing home, etc.
4. Applicant must maintain a 2.8 scholastic grade average. A current official college transcript must be sent to the Valley County Community Foundation.
5. Applicant must establish a monetary need for the scholarship and include a paragraph indicating their particular need for funds relating to his/her financial ability to pay for schooling.
6. Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation. The letters must not be older than one year from the date of application, signed and dated. At least one letter needs to be from the secondary institution.
7. Applicant must write a paragraph or more describing their academic and career goals.
8. Applications must be postmarked by June 15, 2023.
9. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.Go to Scholarship Application